Sunday, July 24, 2005

Would Jesus Kill Jesus?

Would Jesus Kill Jesus?
   I wonder

if Jesus goes to war in uniform of bone, muscle, skin
   with no regard for border or flag

On fields of blood marching
   would Jesus be so distracted, befuddled
   by cloth, color, or emblem
      to miss
   behind eyes
   inside the heart of one called "enemy"
   anything less than child, sibling, self?

Would Jesus, lamb of God crucified
   guilelessly praying "not my will but thine"
   carefully aim
         (at the bidding of lesser princes)
   and fire clipfulls of flesh tearing metal
   into torso, head
      feet and hands?

Now wounded, would Jesus
   look into his own eyes and and pray
      (as nail-scared hands above mount bayonet and pierce his side)
   "Father, forgive me, for I do not know what I do"?

Would Jesus kill Jesus?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home